Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio VPCS11H7E Drivers?

m1nt3d
Explorer

Sony Vaio VPCS11H7E Drivers?

Hi everyone. I was having computer troubles so a friend of mine decided to format the whole laptop and install windows 8.1. It seems to be working although no drivers are installed and im completely stumped as to how I go about finding these? Previous laptops have come with a 'Drivers CD' which solved it all but this one hasnt. Any suggestions would be greatly recieved!

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi m1nt3d and welcome.

With friends like yours, who needs .......................... etc.

All the available software and drivers for your model are available for download here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCS11H7E

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/VPCS11H7E/list#os2

However, there does not appear to be any support foir Windows 8 or 8.1 - looks like Sony does not support a clean install of Windows 8 on your model.

The usual way to solve system problems would be to reinstall the original Sony Windows 7 software from the Recovery Area on the hard disc as this includes all drivers and Sony software and may also offer an upgrade route to W8 but clean installing Windows 8/8.1 has likely formatted the drive and you have lost this recovery software and drivers.

Did you make Recovery Discs when you first bought this Vaio?  If you did, you can recover your Vaio back to its original factory settings using the Recovery Discs.  If you did not, then you can either purchase a recovery disc set from Sony support, or look for individual drivers from hardware manufacturers or other Vaio models.

:thinking:

m1nt3d
Explorer

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I didnt back up anything before the fresh install and youre right the HDD was reformatted which has wiped everything including the recovery part (ive learnt a lot in the past 12 hours!).

Would you recommoned downloading the individual drivers for windows 7 from the link you posted then?

thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Which drivers have you noticed are missing?

Some Windows 7 drivers may install but the only installation Sony support is an upgrade from Windows 7 with all the Windows 7 drivers already installed and retained through the upgrade.

:thinking: