Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio VPCS131FM

Lovevibez
New

Sony Vaio VPCS131FM

Hi everyone, this is the first time ever that happened to my Laptop. This is a 7 year old laptop but never had a battery or power problem before. To my shock, after 3 months of not using it and tried powering it on today, it won't. The laptop won't start without the battery, so I went and put the battery. Problem is the battery is not fully charged, it went dead. When I plugged in the AC adapter, the battery light is on a steady orange. The battery life says good. So I doubt it's the battery. This is a well taken battery, I usually removed and just used the AC adapter. So I'm assuming it had to be the laptop. Any help and recommendation is appreciated! I hope this can be fixed without going to the tech guy and spend hundred and dollars. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi,

Welcome to the community.

I don't have any definitive advice for you but will look into this and update you when possible. Meanwhile, maybe some community members will have some useful advice for you.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Your Vaio is a Sony USA Vaio and you can find suppor from Sony USA:

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=VPCS131FM

Looking at the manual, an orange charging light means the battery is charging normally - have you tried leaving to charge? What colour is the Power Indicator (under the On button)? What colour is the LED on the charger? If all are green and the Vaio will not start then there may be a fault in the power circuitry which would need a visir to an engineer. Sometimes the socket that the power cable plugs into can become damaged.

Sorry I can't suggest an easy fix!