Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio XL202 HELP required to use Video in

darkmeridian75
Visitor

Sony Vaio XL202 HELP required to use Video in

Hi Friends.
i bought the amazing XL-202 6 months ago, but i am still unable to use, under Media Center or Media portalm, the Video in input to record from an external source or to view console game system (XBOX 360) on my pc screen (22" HP LCD).
can Anyone can help me?

PS
What about radio on XL202?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
jamesbramsdon
New

Hi

Are you trying the back inputs, or just the front?

I could never get the front inputs to work, but have had success with the back.

Also, if you want to use Media Centre to view the input signal, you have to reset your TV settings, tell Media Centre you are using an analogue source (maybe even an "external set top box" on the pick list - can't remember) rather than Digital, and scan through for the new signal.

It's fiddly, but can be made to work.

Good luck

PS - I don't think the radio (i.e. FM not DV-T) works.

d8b
Visitor

Hi jrb,
the procedure is right.
I connected my satellite set top box with a scart->rca cable.
But the result is a low quality video.
It seems to be with no vertical synchronization especially with the images in movement.

Have you got this problem too?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You should be able to capture external analogue video using Click to DVD and burn to DVD if you wish. This program is preinstalled on your system.

Media Centre does not handle analogue video very well, but kit like a Sky Set-Top-Box can be connected by S-Video and configured 'full-screen' in MCE using an IR Blaster which should have been supplied with your Vaio. This gives a good quality picture.

Because all analogue inputs are processed by the TV card, there will be an unacceptable delay with gameplay. X-Box and Playstation are designed to be connected directly to a display and you are only adding complications by routing them through the XL202.

:slight_frown:

darkmeridian75
Visitor

Ok,
thank you for your reply.
I am actually using Dscaler to play with XBOX using RCA cable and It works very well. I was asking for a different solution, cause I found really strange to have all these features on this amazing mediacenter PC that are completely unused by Windows MCE!!!!
i think sony should have had use a different software package ( The old Sony Vaio MediaCenter was extraordinary!!!)

thank to all of you

d8b
Visitor

Because all analogue inputs are processed by the TV card, there will be an unacceptable delay with gameplay. X-Box and Playstation are designed to be connected directly to a display and you are only adding complications by routing them through the XL202.

:slight_frown:

MCE use timeshift.
The video is before recorded and then played.
So it introduce a delay from the source.
In fact tuning settings of nvidia card the quality can be improved.

Using other softwares like aver media center this delay disappears.
The quality is much better, but there is a motion trail unacceptable.

I don't know why.