Join now - be part of our community!

SOny Vaio Z Extended Warranty Customer Care Complaint regarding their third party contact center

SOny Vaio Z Extended Warranty Customer Care Complaint regarding their third party contact center

My SOny Vaio hardrive developed a report. I have three year extended warranty. I called the Sony Care number (Outsourced third party company in the Phillipines) who said they will send an engineer the next day. Next day no engineer, called them again. 7 days later an engineer turned up. He swapped out hardrive and left. Howeever he didnt try to boot it up. I did have a windows 7 repair disk and also I made a recovery disk, both are not working.

I called SOny care today and again, their systems are down. I ahd the same problem when I tried to get my fan fixed, waitingt days and no call backs and them saying SOny care system is down. This is so frustrating. Really poor service for a premium machine that cost £2000 and for £350 warranty on site packard. Im now left with out a computer .

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Jefharris2013 and welcome.

Can you please give us a few more details so we know who to forward your comments to?

Was the Vaio bought in the UK? (You mention price in £)

Can we have the full Vaio Model Type (VGN-Z*****)

How old is it?

I ask because I thought the extended 3 year warranty was only valid for repairs within Europe.  There is also the International Warranty (VIRS) but this is only for the period of the original warranty.  However, you may have some different type of warranty - can we have some details please.

Do you have a Repair Case Number from Sony?

Sorry to come back with questions but any extra Information you can give may help us to find a solution.  As you have found these things are always more difficult across borders!!

:thinking: