Join now - be part of our community!

Sony VGN-FS315 HDDR

frankveltmans
Visitor

Sony VGN-FS315 HDDR

Hi,

i've been trying all day to recover my vaio, i've lost the recovery cd's but i still have the partition on the harddrive. I did a clean install of windows xp, installed all the sony apps and drivers from the website but i can't find the VAIO Recovery Tools to make the cd's.

I searched in help and support without any luck. So i tried the HDDR recovery and when i started it gives an error while loading it says:

{Registry File Failure} The registry cannot load the hive (file): \SystemRoot\System32\Config\SOFTWARE or its log or alternate

Now i locked at the HDDR partition and the file was missing, so i copied the files from the repair directory of my main windows xp computer, then it gave the same error with Config\SYSTEM and the other files that are supposed to be in there. ......

I concluded that the files of a normal windows xp arn't compatible.

So my question is if someone can send me those files. the are is this directory of the HDDR partition \Minint\System32\Config ?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi frankveltmans

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

If the recovery partition has not been deleted you could try pressing F10 repeatedly when starting you vaio, this normally would start the recovery process..

If that does not work you can contact Vaio-Link and purchase a new set of recovery DVD's for your FS315..:smileysad: