Join now - be part of our community!

Sort By Groups

Automan
Visitor

Sort By Groups

Hi,
Yesterday I had the great idea to put all multi cd albums into what Sonicstage calls Compilations (like the Beatles White Album).

I thought then I could then select from groups such a compilation and it would play all tracks in the correct order.

I did all this on Sonicstage, reformatted my Vaio Pocket and let it copy my 9,812 tracks on all without an error (now the ; have been removed from all track titles).

30 minutes to index the data and I'm ready to play.

Only one snag
There is no option to sort groups on the player, they are only available in the order they were in SonicStage.

So yes, I can play such a compilation, but you still have to find it in a list of 500 or so others - Gloom.

Why is there no sort on groups?
You can try and drag them into the order you want in SonicStage but with 500+ items dragging one at a time in a window that only shows about 20, the chances are I may die of old age first!

I may have to start using my IPod again...

It is just I dont not like the style of IPod - IPod and ITunes beats Vaio Pocket function wise (with current firmware) and ITunes in nearly every way.

Please Sony, some new firmware with lots of nice new features and bug fixes...

Automan.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Sounds terrible, you'd think they would ahev sorted the basics by now.

Akanksha
Visitor

anti-sony voices only grow! :smileygrin:

Akanksha
Visitor

anti-sony voices only grow! :smileygrin:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yes, seems like they do.

Shame..... but hey, iPod is better

diverse
Visitor

How is Ipod Better?

Battery Life = VERY POOR Even Photo is less than Pocket!
Play Tracks Without Gap = NO
Looks = Up to Individual
Colour Screen = £40 more than Vaio Pocket

If you are going to do nothing but bleat on about Ipod why not go to their forums and leave us alone?

diverse
Visitor

and don't start about audio quality becuase the Ipod is not as good as the Pocket, and i know becuase i had an Ipod and returned it for less than 6 hours playback from full charge (V3) and poor audio quality!