Join now - be part of our community!

Sound Problem (part 2)

linguistic
Visitor

Sound Problem (part 2)

hi, everyone

just to update u with the problems i'm having with my Vaio.

i own a Vaio VGC-M1, and i still can't fathom out why my computer makes a crackly & popping sound whenever there is an activity on my hard drive, eg. playing mp3 & movie files.

i tried formatting the computer again with no success, and WOULD U BELIEVE that on the start-up/set-up screen after formatting, the background music that accompanys it EVEN makes a crackling & popping sound !

I believe there is an actual fault with the audio hardware or audio driver problem on the computer.

the computer is great apart from this big niggle !

could anyone resolve this problem.

much appreciated !

p.s. Sony advice centre did not help !
:cry:

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

This is quite a common fault with the M1, the only fix is to have it repaired by Sony

itu-nurse
Visitor

Hi

I have the same prob with my M1. Did you get is resolved?

Regards
Julie
UK

linguistic
Visitor

no not yet.

linguistic
Visitor

no not yet.

Dr.evil
Visitor

Try an other sound cable, worked for me

jhchill
Visitor

I'm having the same problem with my brand spanky new RC102 - paid a small fortune for it and the sound is popping like crazy! Problem is that I can't try a different cable as the one I have is 20ft long. Help anyone?

DJpoeta
Visitor

People, i´ve got the same problem, but in a FS115Z laptop. The same crackling sound in the windows start up music, and with any other audio playback. It looks related to hard disk, because it make noises each time the HDD led blinks. Also performance is reduced, and windows takes 5 minutes to boot. At the beginning i thougt it was a hardware problem (hard disk/motherboard) but i did a full restore and everithyng was working smooth again!!! :smileygrin: But after a few days of use, the problem was there again.

I've tried the fujitsu's DOS diagnostic tool for the hard disk and it says the disk is OK. I´ve also tried searching for viruses/adware with spybot/ewido Antimalware/ Hijack This and nothing found.

I've seen this similar problem in other's people FS laptops...
¿Any idea?:smileysad: