Join now - be part of our community!

sound problem pcg-fr415m

K-tch
Visitor

sound problem pcg-fr415m

Hi,

I have a tiny problem with my VAIO
when I am playing mp3 songs with winamp (not that i use another prog to play them) sometimes the sound goes somewhat slower for a second or 2 en then returns to normal.

It doens't happen with the sound of dvd's or divx movies, nor with the sound of games, just mp3. It's a little annoying.

It is not caused by processor overload, but it happens more often when I scroll down a page for example. Any tips ?

22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Don't worry it's the right place.

K-tch
Visitor

Hi everyone

thank you very much for the help and info, but I habe found what is causing my sound problem. Now I will try to find out how to solve it.

By pure luck I found out that my sound problems do not occur when I'm not using my PMCIA wifi card (when it is shut down or not plugged in or I am using a regular UTP cable to connect to my router).

I tried deleting the pmcia card and it's software and reinstalling it, but that had no effect. It really weird how this van affect my sound.
When I am using photoshop for example and CPU goed to 100% the sound doesn't ge influenced at all. Only when I am using the wireless network card and doing nothing but some regulat browsing.

I will try resetting the video card memory back to 64 megabytes, maybe this helps.

How yes: I am using an acer WLAN 11b PCMCIA card and an acer 11b broadband router. I didn't try material from another manufacturer yet, but acer uses a realtek chip so ...

Anyways, a lot of thx for the time, hints and help.

Greetzz,
K-tch.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I suggest Linksys or Netgear

Glad you're getting somewhere with this issue - suprising what hardware can do isn't it?