Join now - be part of our community!

Sound problems after restarting everything

MJChilled
Visitor

Sound problems after restarting everything

I have just recently puirchased a new hard drive and installed all the vaio software, only to find i now have no sound at all..I have installed everything possible from the vaio support site even things i dont need and still no sound..Its very frustarating..is there no support number can call or something rather than having to a ridiculous ammount just to get my cound working? I was recently quoted 100 gbp to just look at the laptop..also one other thing for some strange reason my keyboard is set up in an american way so I no longer have a pound key and my @ sign is over the 2?? Heeeeellllppppppp

MikeJ

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi MJChilled and welcome to the forum.

For the sound problem open Control panel > Sound > Playback tab and set speakers/headphones as the default (you will possibly find that USB Audio Device is the current default).

If this has no effect let us know your model as you may need to install UAA high definition audio class driver prior to the standard audio drivers.

To correct your keyboard layout open Control panel > Regional and language > keyboards and languages. Set the default input language and keyboard to English (United Kingdom).

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
MJChilled
Visitor

Hi Rich,

Thanks very much keyboard problems resolved.

Sounds still no functioning though my model is Sony VGN-B1XP

When I go to the sounds screen it says cannot device or driver?

Kind regards

MJ

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi MJChilled,

Have you downloaded the pre-installed drivers form Vaio-Link and extracted and installed the audio driver? Btw, your model does not need the UAA high definition audio class driver prior to the standard audio drivers.

In Device Manager, under Sound, Video and game controllers, do you have any errors shown?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
MJChilled
Visitor

Hey Rich,

Yes have installed all drivers and it still says there is no audio drive on this machine..

Will I need to purchase a seperate sound card?

Kind regards

MJ

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi MJChilled,

In Device Manager, under Sound, Video and game controllers, do you have any errors shown?

Have you checked this out? Is the hardware present in Device Manager - with or without error messages?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
MJChilled
Visitor

Hey Rich,

Are you an expert? I have logged onto to so many forums to get this simple problem sorted out..If you cant help me and I promise you I intend no offence whatsoever then please do not watse my time its a simple problem I have no sound..If you cannot help me then I will just search for someone else that can..its taken me over a week to be going around in circles with you I just do not have the time or the will!!!

As I said I have tried and tried to resolve the problem with no success I would apprecitate if you could help if not then such is life!!

regards

Frustrated MJ

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi MJChilled,
If it is such a simple problem, and despite logging in to “so many forums to get this simple problem sorted out”, ask yourself why no one has been able to come up with a solution for you.

The answer is that you fail to provide sufficient information and do not fully respond to questions that may give someone a clue as to what the problem is.

its taken me over a week to be going around in circles with you I just do not have the time or the will!!!

My first response to your post was 11-Jun-2007 00:39:07, last response (prior to your last rely) was 13-Jun-2007 19:29:57 – either you have a problem with time-scale or use a different calendar to me.

I will waste no more of your time.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hey Rich,

Are you an expert? I have logged onto to so many forums to get this simple problem sorted out..If you cant help me and I promise you I intend no offence whatsoever then please do not watse my time its a simple problem I have no sound..If you cannot help me then I will just search for someone else that can..its taken me over a week to be going around in circles with you I just do not have the time or the will!!!

As I said I have tried and tried to resolve the problem with no success I would apprecitate if you could help if not then such is life!!

regards

Frustrated MJ

Hi MJChilled,

There is no need to be rude, I for one do class Rich as an Expert, he has helped solve countless problems on this forum..

Also in case your not aware all of the ClubVaio experts, except Tweety2b, are not Sony employees but give their time freely to assist in solving members problems where possible..

Club Vaio is a primarily a self help forum and I would like to think that the members on this forum solve a large percentage of problems but unfortunately we can not fix everything.

Official technical support can always be sought by contacting Vaio-link but as you've replaced the hard drive there could be a problem there..

Just out of curiosity's did your sound work before you replaced the hard drive? if so and as you stated you've been
going around in circles with you I just do not have the time or the will!!!
a simply solution would be to replace the old drive again.. :wink:

MJChilled
Visitor

Hi Rich,

I am sorry I have been very rude to you, I have lost a lot more information than i thought I would have when my laptop crashed. I was very upset when I mailed you last time. I read somewhere on the net that this is a common problem after reloading windows. Its really strange Its like my sound card no longer exists!!yes it def did work before..but my former hard drive crashed and I cannot find the original windows cd therefore I have a disk which I used to resinstall windows onto my laptop..I have tried nearly everything but the volume info is just blocked out..

Kind regards

MJ