Join now - be part of our community!

Strange Mouse behaviour

EmmaLouise
Visitor

Strange Mouse behaviour

I recently bought a vaio VGN-FE21B and I'm really pleased with it except that every so often, when I am sufing, I get jumped back a page, or if I am editing a word document or excel spreadsheet it will jump me up a few lines. I think this is something to do with the mouse. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks. EmmaLouise

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi EmmaLouise and welcome to Club Vaio.

Are you referring to the inbuilt touchpad or a USB mouse?

There are a few things that you need to check:

1 Does Device Manager recognize that you have a Pointing Device or does it report a PS/2 Mouse?

2 If a Pointing Device is correctly reported then possibly you need to alter the sensitivity of the pad as you could be inadvertently touching this as you type– ether Control panel > Mouse, or of you have an icon in the system tray double click this. Also check out which tap functions are enabled.

3 If Device Manager reports a PS/2 mouse then you need delete this and reboot – hopefully Windows will then recognize the pointing device and install the correct driver (if not then let us know as there are further procedures that will work).

4 If however you are using a USB optical mouse then make sure that your mouse pad is not multi coloured (try a plain sheet of white paper) as this can cause problems.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
melroy
Visitor

Hi

i happened to be having a problem with my USB Optival mouse jumping around the screen sometimes. probably it was because of the multi-coloured mouse-pad.

thanks for the tip.

cheers,

Mel