Join now - be part of our community!

Strange Wireless Issue

willcox
Visitor

Strange Wireless Issue

Hi.

I tried to use the search feature but even the word "wireless" yields no results. Pephaps i'm doing something wrong!

Anyway, i'm connected to my wireless network. I connect to networks at home, in the office, at airports - no problems, until recently.

I have a VGN-AR21S. I keep getting disconnected from the network for no apparent reason. The only way to reconnect to the network is to go to the Network Connections folder and disable the wireless network connection and then immediately enable it again. This happens regularly. I think the longest i have been connected for is 10 minutes, yet it used to connect to the same network all day every day until about 2 weeks ago.

I have tried allowing the windows software to control the wireless adapter, but i have exactly the same problems. There's nothing wrong with the router or the network, as there are 3 or 4 other laptop users in the near vicinity who are connected all day.

If i leave the laptop alone it doesnt attempt to reconnect automatically...

I have tried disabling all other network connections but there's no difference.

Any ideas?

p.s. it took me 3 minutes to write this email and i was disconnected twice.

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.en_GR.title
evpapad85
Visitor

I can now tell for certain that updating the drivers solved the problem on my Vaio. More than a week has passed, after the update, and I still haven't encountered the problem again.