Join now - be part of our community!

Support Windows10 VAIO VPPCCB series ?

bilka86
New

Support Windows10 VAIO VPPCCB series ?

I have a laptop I had updated its OS to windows 10, now I have a problem with the graphics, the latest driver did not solve this problem. Does the company plan to issue driver for Windows 10 Sony laptop series VPCCB ?

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi bilka86,

If this model was released with Windows 7, which I think it was, then Sony have no plans to provide any drivers or support for Windows 10. Check here:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/windows10/

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
bilka86
New

the website that Sony says no plans to develop a driver for vindovs 10, so I ask whether it is the final answer? Laptop 2011 issue can not be considered obsolete why the policy of Sony

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Being a Sony user, like you, and not an employee I cannot advise whether this is a final decision nor explain Sony's polices.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
bilka86
New

I would like to hear a response from the employees of Sony. It turns out that with each new release of the operating system is to buy a new laptop.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

This is a user forum and if you wish a response from Sony you should contact the company directly as they don't normally respond to posts on this forum.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.FI.title
barrynb

I too have a VPCCB (VPCCB4C5E), and would like to know if the upgrade to Windows 10 can be made to work.

But, hey, seeing as user bilka86 has already upgraded I wonder if you might look at this, to see if it could be a solution?

VPCCB has the 'AMD/Intel hybrid switchable mode graphics'. Look at the suggestion given to me, when I had blue screen problems with my VPCCB4C5E running res 1920 x 1080 (note that was to Windows 7/64 bit, and the blue screen only seemed to occur with some applications, or when accessing some websites using IE, and funnily not with other browsers).

Look for the fix suggestion in the discussion titled 'igdpmd64.sys blue screen', which you'll find ie. by searching for "blue screen" on this forum .

The solution offered to me then, was to disable the switching to Intel HD graphics.
>

Open the Catalyst Control Centre

(right click on the little icon that says Color: 32 etc and Click Graphics Properties)

Go into Start/Power/Switchable graphics method

Select 'select the graphics processor manually or based on power source'.

Click apply.

Under PowerPlay, click the box to disable PowerPlay.

>
As I say, that worked for me then. It would be interesting to see if you could do the same with your VPCCB and Windows 10, whether the same fix would work.

I'd be interested to hear from anybody who has succesfully upgraded VPCCB to Windows 10 🙂
Regards

supercc
Explorer

I Had the same problem. windows 10 installs the wrong card driver. Download and install Radion HD6470M Drivers, I Found This Worked Fine For Me

profile.country.FI.title
barrynb

Ah, thanks for that encouraging information, it enboldened me to install AMD's suggested "legacy" driver for my card, namely: non-whql-win10-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-relive-16.2.1-sep20
and associated Catalyst: whql-win10-catalyst-15.7.1-oct30.
That seems to work with no apparent problems so far. It does not solve for me , however, the issue I had found with the driver that Windows 10 installed, that of the black screen on boot-up (after entering the bios password before the Windows password prompt screen appears) -that's still there.