Join now - be part of our community!

SVE1512B1EW VAIO battery care software

DELBERTWILKINS
Explorer

SVE1512B1EW VAIO battery care software

hi, i am now on my 4th hdd in 4 years the original one started going wrong  9 months in. Sony failed to sort it out twice so i replaced the drive myself. the first two new hard drives i installed using the vaio recovery discs i had made when i first got the laptop so it returned it to as new windows 8 with all the sony care software loaded and working. Now i have installed a samsung ssd but could not get the recovery discs to load the windows image. i was not too bothered as  it would again be windows 8 and i know upgrading to 10 is now problematic so i installed windows 10 but i do not have the sony software loaded. What i need to know, is it possible  to install the battery care function only, from the recovery media if so what files do i need to install fom the discs. if i need to install the whole vaio care then i would but i still need to know which files to load.I am assuming they wouild work with windows 10 as it was previously upgraded to 10 without any problem.The battery is still in excellent condition thanks to the care function, at the moment i am running the laptop plugged in without the battery fitted to preserve it not ideal. many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @DELBERTWILKINS and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Yes you would have to load Vaio Care to enable the Battery Protection.

To save exploring  discs etc. have a look Here for the

software and downloads for the SVE1512B1E.

Hope this helps

DELBERTWILKINS
Explorer

i downloaded everything i thought i should and the battery saver function has come back, slightly different but effectively the same although not working correctly. first off was a pop up message which i corrected with this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcjgtvWIH20. secondly the battery saver switches off if the power cord is plugged in. and swiches on if the power cord is not pugged in.thanks in advance and thanks for the above help