Join now - be part of our community!

SVE1513A4E Upgraded to Windows 10 - Keyboard Backlight and Touchpad Settings

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
DrMopp

SVE1513A4E Upgraded to Windows 10 - Keyboard Backlight and Touchpad Settings

I have previously posted into another thread on this forum that I had solved the iissue of VAIO Control Center disappearing following Windows 10 upgrade by re-installing the Sony Firmware Extension Parser, The Sony Shared Library, and the VAIO Control Center software listed under Windows 8.1 on the support site.  Several Windows updates later I find they have gone again, but this time installing the same three components does not help and I still get the 'A newly version exists on your computer' message when trying to install the Control Center - if 'a newer version exists where is it and how can I either make it visible or remove it to start again? Thoughts anyone? (Main reason is wanting to control the keyboard backlight and touchpad (Fn+F1 no longer works)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
DrMopp

Installed a version of Vaio Care named EP0000319333 .exe marked as Windows 8.1 64-bit successfully - problem solved.   This file does not appear under the available downloads for the SVE1513A4E and I only discovered it using Google in desperation!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

I'd recommend getting in touch with the Sony Support team here for further help.

Best wishes,

Sean 

profile.country.GB.title
DrMopp

Thanks, I will,  but during my previous issues with this their response was that "some features of the VAIO software may not work with Windows 10" which wasn't the case then as I did get them to work - of course that's not to say its possible several updates later.

profile.country.GB.title
DrMopp

Installed a version of Vaio Care named EP0000319333 .exe marked as Windows 8.1 64-bit successfully - problem solved.   This file does not appear under the available downloads for the SVE1513A4E and I only discovered it using Google in desperation!