Join now - be part of our community!

SVE1711C5E Extremely slow hard drive and other issues

profile.country.en_GB.title
bigolslabomeat
Explorer

SVE1711C5E Extremely slow hard drive and other issues

I tried to create a proper support ticket, but looks like the serial number validation is broken at the moment, as soon as I enter the first part a JavaScript error is thrown up and the validate button never works.....

Anyway, I have been noticing on my laptop a severe problem with the speed of hard drive access and a collection of problems that seems to cause.

• Windows is reporting the drive at 100PERCENTAGESIGN access when only reading and writing a few hundred kb/s.
  • When HD is being accessed heavily, multi-touch stops working
  • If HD is really being hammered then touchpad stops working entirely if I right-click or multi-finger tap (presumably the drivers are waiting to read something from disk). Keyboard is still responsive in this time.
  • After every reboot I can't use the PC until every last bit of disk reading activity is done

I have already re-installed a couple of times (restore partition then in-place upgrade to Win8).

What sort of disk read and write speeds should I be seeing on this laptop? Has anyone got one and run some benchmarks against their drive?

I am assuming the issues with the touchpad are driver related and need Synaptics to fix? (as an aside, i regularly have to re-do the touchpad's settings as the driver just forgets all multi-touch capabilities).

I feel this sort of query is worthy of a proper support ticket, but I can't do that so coming here instead for now!

Edit: It's worth adding that my gut instinct is that it's not an HD problem but the HD controller or mobo.

Message was edited by: bigolslabomeat

0 REPLIES 0