Join now - be part of our community!

SVP1321M9EB Random mouse clicks on windows 8 touch screen laptop

profile.country.en_GB.title
soozle
New

SVP1321M9EB Random mouse clicks on windows 8 touch screen laptop

It's usually right-click but sometimes left clicks. IT happens while the user is working. The context menu just pops up as if she's right clicked. I've turned off "hover right click" disabled the touch screen and unplugged the power supply and it still happens. We have about 10 of these laptops and it happens on 2 of them.

Disabling the touch screen worked for a couple of weeks but now it's started again.

Any ideas anyone.

Thanks in anticipation

Su

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
gaarbon50

I will be interested if anyone does know what causes this problem. I am also experiencing the with my SVF15A1C5E.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi soozle,

Odd that this problem is only affecting two models..:smileyconfused:

I presume all 10 are configured in the same way, odd question but have you tried letting the user use another model to see if they still encounter the problem.? Not saying for one minute that this is simply a user problem it's just that my parents have all sorts of problems using touch screen devices..:smileyquestion:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Further to my original post.. After more thinking and investigating, the problem may be rectified by way of the Calibration tool, for instructions & to download the tool click on the following link - calibration tool

Please read & follow the instructions carefully before running the calibration tool..

Can I suggest you try it on one of the two affected Vaio's to test if it does actually help with ghost click problem your user is experiencing.?

Could you post back & give some feedback once you've tried the above please..

profile.country.en_GB.title
soozle
New

Thanks for replying. I intend to try the calibration tool next time this happens but the laptops have been behaving for a while now. Oddly a third laptop started doing the same but unplugging the mouse and rebooting stopped that one.

Yes all the laptops are setup in exactly the same way by me.

Thanks for all the help.

I'll let you know if I get chance to try the tool

soozle