Join now - be part of our community!

SVP1321Y9EB - display goes dark once power cable is removed

profile.country.DE.title
gmariust
New

SVP1321Y9EB - display goes dark once power cable is removed

Hi, I'm having  a bit of an issue with the baterry functionality, since a while I canot use the laptop just on baterries, which although it shows 80% full all the time. I have upgraded to win 8.1 ->win10 when it was oferred if this helps. So the issue is that in the moment I remove the power cable the screen goes dark like it shuts off and comes back once i plug back the power cable. I have reset the power plan I'm using (High perfomance) severeal times, still no luck.

Any help or ideeas where can I look highly appreciated.

Thank you. 

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Could be an issue of the battery itself even if it shows 80%.

Maybe bring it to service and ask them to check the battery.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.DE.title
gmariust
New

Hi Peter, the laptop is out of warranty as I've bought it in 2013 or so, sending it to Sony.de Support will cause extra cost probably, and I would like to avoid such expenses. plus not sure if it not just some win 10 setting , did not have time to clean reinstall it as I use it on daily basis. Also it seems since upgrade to Win 10 it shows  when I click on the battery icon it shows  "Battery 1: 79% in use" and "Battery 2: Not present.", so in the end it might just be an issue of the OS or something.

Best regards

profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

I found something in the web which is referring to an issue of Win10 but don't know if this applies to your problem as well: Brightness setting for battey and power in energy settings should be lower than 100% for both settings.

Can you please try?

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.DE.title
gmariust
New

Hi Peter, tried it, not working, I have also been looking over google since a while, and tried various things, someone even suggested that Win10 upgrde messed up the key combination of Fn+F6 that increases the brightness is reversed in battery mode, so that by pressing it you actually decrease the brightness, instead of increasing it :-). The fact that the screen shuts down on battery mode and comes back instantly when plugging back the power cord leads me to believe that this  "Battery1:79% in use" and "Battery2: Not available" might be the issue. I do not recall exactly how it was in Win 8.1 but I think both batteries were available.

Best regards

profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Have you tried to remove the second battery? Is it OK then?

Do you see any exlamation marks in system control?

Please also check these links from our US community regarding battery issues:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32107/p/48903,49902,55257,55328/c/65,66/kw/battery...

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43943

Hope this will help to solve your issue

Cheers

Peter