Join now - be part of our community!

SZ4MN

groovs
Visitor

SZ4MN

hi
all of my system is appraently workign fine for now ..
except for the the fact that my built in cam ...isnt working
it was previously ... but now it says ... failed to initialize ... check if some other software or utility is using the camera ... ???

any suggestions or guidance will be highly appriciated ..

regards.

8 REPLIES 8
groovs
Visitor

and can you plz tell if i can use the same cam with my msn ???

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi groovs,

Unfortunately this seems to be a known problem with Vista and has been outstanding for quite a long time.

Hopefully new more reliable drivers will become available.

Some people have had success using GoodLuc's solution IN THIS THREAD

Give it a try!

:wink:

groovs
Visitor

thanx i will have a look

almabi
Visitor

Hi all,
I have the same problem with my SZ4MN. But sometimes the cam initializes and works. But when I try to record something the sound disapears after approx. 7 sec. Recording of the video signal works fine.
:smileygrin:

Somebody out there with similar problems??

groovs
Visitor

well not this kinda of problem ...
but i am unable to use the camera in MSN ... and also the cam fail to intialises when i try to start the vaio cam utility ...

hoping for a solution soon ....

cheers

skykit84
New

As explained, the camera issue is a known issue and has been ever since (and prior) to vista being launched.

Some have had their problems solved in having the camera driver to be run under "administrator" but I'm not one of them.

I do feel there are some issues here:-
We have paid for a laptop with a camera but its already been for some, 1-2 months where they have been left without some of the functions - like the camera
while its unlikly for the camera to break within 12 months, i feel sony should extend the warranty for all hardware that does not work with Vista.
They've had more than enough time to fix the issues.
My laptop cost me £1600 and came with Vista pre-installed... one would think atleast the pre-instlled ones would work but it does not. Thats my rant over.

I guess its a case of sitting back and waiting for the correct working drivers to come out.

donpete
Visitor

I have exactly the same problem with my webcam. The e-support team asked me to do a complete system reset with all standard factory settings, but the problem remains unsolved. Furthermore to this problem I have some trouble with outlook 2007. You can open it once without any problem, but if you close it and try to re-open...nothing.

skykit84
New

With the cam, wait it out :slight_smile:

Outlook 2007 does have its fair share of issues
one I have is that it thinks outlook is never shutdown properly and that the datafile needs to be checked - who knows

In your issue, how long have you waited before re-opening it?
I would wait 60 seconds then try and see if it works

When it does not, check in task manager to see if outlook.exe is running (or maybe even winword.exe)
If yes, endtask it and see if it opens again

Do you run anything like the Vista Mobile to sync your phone with outlook? That may be intereferring

Lastly, any additional applets installed in Outlook that are not Microsoft/Vista verified?