Join now - be part of our community!

Text & Tab Size

Text & Tab Size

Hi, 

This is probably a very basic question, but when I open some programmes on my Sony Flip 15 I seem to have really small text on the tabs.

How do I adjust this?? 

A similar thing happens when I open a few tabs in Chrome. Rather than use the whole of the top of the screen for the tabs, they only go half way across. 

Can anyone help?? 

Thanks 

9 REPLIES 9
sgdavies

Hi Pat, yes pretty straight forward, on internet explorer, or chrome, top right of the application should be a menu, delve into that menu structure, and you will see, magnification size, or something like that, make sure it is about 100%, then try to experiment with that magnification to find your ideal setting, good luck.

Thanks for the reply, but that zoom seems to change the size of the content in the window, but not the tabs themselves 

See exampleSony 2.jpg

And here is an example of the view on a programme. All the menus and tabs are tiny....

Sony.png

sgdavies

Hi Pat, go to Control Panel-Appearance and Personalization-Display. Here you can change sizes to Title bars amongst other things.

Thans for that. But it still didn't have an efferct of the Sony Movie Studio, or other programmes like that. 

Any other ideas? 

Cheers 

sgdavies

Hi Pat, no thats pretty much my two bobs worth :slight_smile:

Thanks anyway. 

It's a nightmare with some programmes, you can barely see the text. And some programmes are Sony ones, like 'Sony Movie Platinum'. 

It's bizarre....

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

PatrickSanderson wrote:

A similar thing happens when I open a few tabs in Chrome. Rather than use the whole of the top of the screen for the tabs, they only go half way across.

Hi Patrick,

I had someone using windows 8 ring and ask about the tabs only filling half the screen on Google the other day..

I am not using windows 8 so after a bit of searching I suggested a couple of possible solutions that I had found but as I have not heard back I can't confirm if they have helped..

I can't remember the links for this solution now but try the following..

1) Close Chrome

Right click the Chrome icon and select properties..

In the properties window select the compatibility tab..

Then enable Disable display scaling on high DPI settings..

Click Apply followed by OK..

Aother option, which again I do not have the link for, see below, is one which I did actually copy & paste..

By Julian Moulton

If you go into Chrome settings, click "Get Themes", and aaply [certain] themes, you should find that tabs now will fill up the entire bar of the window (and therefore not be squished). I'm using Monochrome by Berlinski and that works perfectly.

That is great. The second suggestion worked with Chrome. So thanks for that. 

Strangely, the first thing you told me actually made chrome into the similar problems that I am having with adobe premier elements and the movie studio, ie, the text on the tabs and dropdown menus go really small. 

I am still not sure how to fix that, and on busy menus (likethe movie studio) it makes it hard to read. 

Thanks for the help anyway, it's much appreciated....!