Join now - be part of our community!

The Way Home! Again!!

apierc1
Visitor

The Way Home! Again!!

So, this is my laptops current status from France

Your product has been serviced and is being prepared for shipping to the last provided delivery address

Airwaybill number / Tracking Reference

Following parts were replaced :

MS02 PWA ALL (FOR LOW)
ASSY LCD (BR-WLAN)(Q)(S)(WHITE)

So they have been busy replacing stuff, again!! I wonder what condition it will come back to me in :thinking:

Also, I'm having trouble finding a fax machine, I need to fax Sony my receipt for my PSP so they can send me a new one as I have grown tired and I must say a little embaressed at having to repeatedly go to HMV to return it, so hopefully they will send me a good one that isn't fuc@@d up!!

Hmm what other dodgy Sony products have I got ....... actually my camera is good, never had a problem with my Hi-Fi, but I'm sure there is something.

4 REPLIES 4
apierc1
Visitor

Jesus, i just realised they have had well over $2000 of parts for my laptop replaced, as certain parts have been replaced 2-3 times! the motherboard!!!!!!!!!!! anhd the entire LCD Screen!!!! My laptops only worth £641, well thats how much I paid for it just over a year ago!!!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Dont forget those prices are retail, sony don't pay the same prices..:smileywink:

apierc1
Visitor

No they don't, but you also have to rememebr that they pay the same prices for the parts for repair as they would in building a new laptop, it they could have upgraded me to an AR series or something for the repair cost by now!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Put it this way mate, they don't pay £250 for an optical drive, but they charge the public that and make something like 75% profit.

I'm in the wrong business (or too honest?)