Join now - be part of our community!

The worst support ever

ivanosu
New

The worst support ever

I have a problem with my Sony SVS13a1c5e laptop. The power supply does not work anymore. When it is connected to my laptop, the message appears saying that the battery is drained (7%) and it flashes every 20-30 sec. I tried using my friends adapter and the laptop works without any problems.

When I tried to call to the UK support, I have been asked to provide a serial number of the laptop. After introducing this number the answering machine says 'we are unable to locate your devise under this serial number' and then the line gets disconnected. After several attempts to call them I decided to fill in the online form. After completing this form the message appeared that 'due to technical problems we are unable to send your message'. I tried to find a solution online but the system could not recognise my serial number either.......  This morning I decided to contact Sony through sales department and explained the issue, the Sony rep told me that their is no way for me to contact them and he will pass the message on to the tech department so they will contact me very soon. As expected no one contacted me. I found their email address and sent them a message explaining the problem - again NO answer. It looks like catch 22!!! Is there any way to contact them? I had Dell and  Acer laptops previously and never had any problem with contacting their customer service!!!!!   

3 REPLIES 3
kanamies
Explorer

I too feel its ridiculous that we cant reach anyone in this company. Its like you cant count on having support.

It's appalling that a company this size can't provide a sensible logical support channel. I too had the same frustrations and confusions.

If the only way to gain support is to complete the online form to get a case ID before calling, make that clear Sony!

Don't mess people about by having them call automated lines and cost them money when there's a step they need to take first.

sgdavies

Same experience with their frontline support (cough). What i did to get past these baboons was email:-
If you would like to log a complaint to Sony Customer Relations Office, please use the email below:
Cro.en@eu.sony.com

I was contact by their head of support ( UK and Ireland ) MD, he put me in contact with second line of support which does seem a step up ( UK and Ireland based) from were ever those front line baboons are based ( Middle East?)