Join now - be part of our community!

touch pad scroll function not working!!

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
poise_fx
Visitor

touch pad scroll function not working!!

I had a virus on my VGN-NS30Z/s last week, and Windows had to be reinstalled. When I bought the computer it had Vista on it, which I upgraded to 7, unfortunately the computer repairer put Vista back on. I've upgraded it agin to 7, but now the scroll feature on the touch pad won't work.

The Sony helpline suggested uninstalling the device, which hasn't helped. Their other suggestion is to restore to Vista and the upgrade again. Has anyone any other suggestions before I do this? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi poise_fx,

Did the repairer install a retail copy of Vista or use your recovery disks or the HDD recovery partition. If the former then the chances are that you do not have the correct touchpad driver installed.

Try downloading and installing the original Vista touchpad driver from Sony Support.

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-NS20Z_S

This should work with Windows 7.

If you already have the correct driver installed then make sure that Scrolling is enabled in the Device Settings

Are all other functions working correctly – brightness control, volume control etc.?

Message was edited by: rich912

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi poise_fx,

Did the repairer install a retail copy of Vista or use your recovery disks or the HDD recovery partition. If the former then the chances are that you do not have the correct touchpad driver installed.

Try downloading and installing the original Vista touchpad driver from Sony Support.

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-NS20Z_S

This should work with Windows 7.

If you already have the correct driver installed then make sure that Scrolling is enabled in the Device Settings

Are all other functions working correctly – brightness control, volume control etc.?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
poise_fx
Visitor

Thank you very much- it works!!

Yes it was just standard Vista, not from my recovery discs.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You’re welcome poise_fx.

If you have problems with other functions such as brightness, or volume control using the Fn key then re-post and someone will advise on the correct Sony utilities and drivers to install.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat