Join now - be part of our community!

Trackpad and keyboard not working

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
mike_coreit

Trackpad and keyboard not working

Hi I have a Vaio SVE1511K1EW, with Windows 7 64-bit.

There is a problem in that I am unable to use the built-in trackpad and keyboard on this laptop (it cannot move or click the mouse, and none of the keys work). However it works fine with a USB mouse and keyboard.

When I look in device manager it gives me an error for the Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad "The device cannot start (Code 10)"

I have uninstalled the Synaptics driver and tried the built-in Windows driver, and I have also downloaded the latest Synaptics driver but get the same issue. I also checked the obvious made sure the pointing device is enabled within Vaio Control Center. Same issue in safe mode as well!

Now the odd part is the built-in keyboard seems to work fine getting into the BIOS by tapping F2, also I can boot from a Linux bootdisk and both the trackpad/mouse work fine there. However when I boot from a Windows install disc the mouse and keyboard do not work again.

I have looked in the BIOS but there does not seem to be any setting related to input devices, and I have also tried the Fn + F1 hotkey but this has no effect. Could there possibly be a bug in the firmware?

Is there any way to resolve this? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
mike_coreit

Hi All,

Managed to resolve the issue - had to reset the CMOS by re-seating the internal battery!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
mike_coreit

Hi All,

Managed to resolve the issue - had to reset the CMOS by re-seating the internal battery!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Congrats on solving your issue & thanks for sharing the solution on this forum, hopefully it will be helpful to others..