Join now - be part of our community!

Transfering photos from pc to vaio & creating different folders

Monchichack
Visitor

Transfering photos from pc to vaio & creating different folders

Hey, Maybe I am being stupid or something but I cant seem to be able to create sub topics to put my relevant photos into when transfering from pc to pocket vaio?

If anyone could help I would appretiate it.

Cheers. Chris

4 REPLIES 4
Automan
Visitor

The device has very poor picture management (perhaps fixed in the new firmware).

If you put 5000 images in neat folders under USER_001 the only option you get is to show all 5000 starting at image 1

All you can do is create more folders using the same convention e.g. USER_002

No other folder names work.

Automan.

Monchichack
Visitor

I have noticed if I transfer from my digi-cam it creates a new file automatically but names it by the cameras naming system which uses the date & time to name the block of files. Maybe I could just keep creating a few different files using this method & maybe change their names to what I want afterwards by pc?
I am very dissapointed with the software installed in this machine. The unit has so much potential but has been completly let down. Maybe it's due to a budget or deadline reason. Whatever the reason I would not expect an unfinished product to appear on the shelf from a company as well known as Sony.

Lets just hope the new software irons out all the problems.

Monchichack
Visitor

I have noticed if I transfer from my digi-cam it creates a new file automatically but names it by the cameras naming system which uses the date & time to name the block of files. Maybe I could just keep creating a few different files using this method & maybe change their names to what I want afterwards by pc?
I am very dissapointed with the software installed in this machine. The unit has so much potential but has been completly let down. Maybe it's due to a budget or deadline reason. Whatever the reason I would not expect an unfinished product to appear on the shelf from a company as well known as Sony.

Monchichack
Visitor