Join now - be part of our community!

Transferring and Sending Sound Photos from an XA1 phone

Crilly641
New

Transferring and Sending Sound Photos from an XA1 phone

Has anyone tried to transfer and/or email Sound Photos from their mobile?

I took 3 Sound Photos on my Sony XA1 on Thursday 30th April 2020, in the hope that I could email 1 of them as a sound file to BBC Radio 3, for usage on their "Sounds of the Earth" soundscape. The feature takes place on their Breakfast programme on Sunday mornings from about 8:15AM, with musical excerpts slotted in-between the featured nature sounds. The sound file needs to be no more than 5 minutes long.

I tried to transfer a copy of each Sound Photo from my mobile on to my MacBook today, but the Sound Photos did NOT appear on my mobile's photo album. Does this mean that each Sound Photo stays on your mobile for a single day and then disappears? If that is the case, I will be really disappointed.....I recorded the beautiful sounds of local birds and sheep, just a few metres away from my house on a lovely sunny evening. I will be very grateful for any good help with this issue. Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @Crilly641

Have you tried using PlayMemories? It's a free download from Sony that  often grabs files a 'normal' file transfer might miss. 

Best wishes

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Pretty sure they are a proprietary format(was it .mpo)?, and need Play Memories.

But Play Memories has reached it's end of life, according to Google Play, and Imaging Edge is now the app.

But on their camera app site, it says to use Play Memories mobile to send them to the Play Memories on PC.

Pretty sure user content on the Beeb is video or audio only.