Join now - be part of our community!

Trouble with FS215SR!!! It reboots with the blue screen

Marseille
Visitor

Trouble with FS215SR!!! It reboots with the blue screen

Hi peeps, need ya help...

I' have FS215SR, 1,86Ghz, 512 RAM, Nvidia GeForce Go 6200 TurboCache...and i'm experiencing a problem i'll try to describe below.

It works perfectly, but sometimes it begun to reboots with the blue screen, no matter to what i'm doing and which applications are running at the moment, after rebooting it offers to send a report to Microsoft and as a consequence opens Microsoft page with the info re: error and a possible solution.

The main idea WINDOWS give about this error is something like THREAD STUCK IN THE DEVICE DRIVER (it juggles with the three possible explanations):
1) video card driver enters some kind of infinite cycle and memory was dumped
2) some driver could works incorrectly
3) we don't know what it is, but we'll know, we'll contact you

But the real problem is that if it rebooted once, it's starting to reboot permanently (it could let me work a minute, or an hour, but will reboot anyway) until i'll run VAIO Recovery Tool and recover the whole system. Then it won't act this way for some time (week, two weeks, no longer then a month).

Maybe someone can help, or ever faced something similar? Can it be fixed or i should give it for 21 day diagnostics and possible fixation?

12 REPLIES 12
Marseille
Visitor

Forgot to add, the system is WIn XP Home Edition

carthorian
Visitor

try reinstalling all drivers, if it was a conflict that should solve it.
If that doesn't work, try recovering.

If that still doesn't work, my guess is a hardware piece malfunctioning

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

Also make sure that you have downloaded and installed any updated device drivers from Vaio-Link

Marseille
Visitor

I've done it all, many times...believe me...it works for some time - for about a couple of weeks, but then again...i don't know what to do...cos if it's hardware malfunction, it should be regular. But it happens no matter to runned applications or installed programs...:smileycry:

kee-lo_

What does it say on the blue screen?

Marseille
Visitor

Something about:

An attempt to execute a non-executable memory which caused system shutdown.

Or you'd like to see the error codes listed below? In this case i'll write 'em down as soon as it will appear again.

kee-lo_

Hi,

You could try MS' Crash Analysis
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

TheCrow
Visitor

Start > Run > eventvwr > Enter

after u get bluedead screen, go here, and see error, and u will get online help from Microsoft, then u know how u fix it , but still u cant ! paste the event ID number here, i will try to resolve your problem

Good Luck

Marseille
Visitor

Start > Run > eventvwr > Enter

after u get bluedead screen, go here, and see error, and u will get online help from Microsoft, then u know how u fix it , but still u cant ! paste the event ID number here, i will try to resolve your problem

Good Luck

Tnx in advance, pls see below (i have a Russian XP, so i've translated below txt a lil' bit)

Error code 000000fc, parameter1 f2ebd6c0, parameter2 168d3163, parameter3 f2ebd62c, parameter4 00000001.

And the description is
Type: Error
Source: System Error
Category: (102)
Event (ID): 1003