Join now - be part of our community!

UJ831-DA replacement on a FS 195VP

UJ831-DA replacement on a FS 195VP

My first post! Thanks in advance for your reply. I did find a lot of posts concerning problems with dvd in FS series but not really about compatabile models.
My DVD player-burner Matshita UJ831-DA is dead and so I have to replace it (no warranty). I have a Vaio FS 195VP.
I would like to know if somebody knows a compatible model (I really want to put my old face-plate on the new model). I have looked on internet (I live in France) and can choose from the next models here:
Sony DW-Q58A
Sony DW-Q520A-11 slim
Sony CRX850E (doesn't burn dvd)
What do you think? Are there other compatible models?

Thanks a lot!

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
lyapple
New

Hi there,

I’m a non technical member so can’t help you out. However welcome! People who know what they're talking about will be along soon to offer help.:smileygrin:

Thanks for your message!
I really hope someone knows the answer!

Nobody knows?
Should I ask Customers' service?

Still no answer from Sony (only standard replies). Really nobody on this forum?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I think you will find that any slimline notebook drive will fit and I imagine all the models you mention will work.

The problem is to find a model that will accept your existing faceplate - without it your Vaio will look odd.

It is usually best to try to find one by the same manufacturer and if possible from the same series. This gives you the best chance of re-fitting the original faceplate.

:wink: