Join now - be part of our community!

Unhappy with vista upgrade process

deejaybee
Visitor

Unhappy with vista upgrade process

Hello All,

Im posting this here becuase it seems none of my emails seem to be getting answered by Sony regarding this problem.

I bought a new Sony laptop 2 weeks ago, in fact i bought two, this was in preperation of the new vista operating system from Microsoft.

My original plan was to wait until laptops and pc's were being shipped with this OS but after being pursuaded by the company that sold me the laptop that I would receive a "free" vista upgrade ticket and that I could upgrade for free even if the laptop wasnt shipped with vista pre-installed... i thought, what the hell... and forked out just under £2000.00 for two Sony laptops.

Anyways, laptop arrived, great stuff! really pleased with them, although when trying to cash in my "free" upgrade vouchers for the laptops, I am faced with a £17.00 handling and postage charge?!!

Now, last time I checked, it cost me around 30p to send a CD to anywhere in the UK (certainly no more than £1), so as you can guess, im shocked that Sony or whoever is dealing with this part of the business are charging that silly price for handling and shipping.

i was wondering, would it be possibel for me to either pick the CD up from my local Sony Store? or even better send a stamped address envelope to you in order to return the CD to me?

To be honest, im tempted to send the laptops back for a refund and wait until they are shipped with vista pre installed.

Please, someone reply.

I have searched the forums for a support number, the number given for the vista support line does not work, noone is answering my emails and im not happy at this present time.

Please help.

Ben

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi deejaybee,

Welcome to club vaio,

As far as I am aware the £17 charge has been set by Microsoft and has nothing to do with Sony..

Towards the bottom of this thread highroyds has posted the telephone, email and website details for moduslink , the company dealing with the Vista Express upgrade, maybe this will help..

deejaybee
Visitor

Thank you very much, After some more research I have discovered that Sony isnt in fact dealign with it...

I guess its easier to just pay the £17.00, but its a little cheeky in my oppinion...

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome, good luck with the upgrade process.. :four_leaf_clover: