Join now - be part of our community!

Uninstalling Vaio Recovery after updating to VISTA Home Premium

profile.country.en_GB.title
koymik
New

Uninstalling Vaio Recovery after updating to VISTA Home Premium

Hi everybody,, Im planning to uninstall my Vaio recovery software and delete the recovery drive and merge it to my C: drive.. I already updated to Vista and to me it is obsolete to have this(most of the software are for XP anay way, and i already have an image back-up before and after installing Vista using ACRONIS True Image using my NDAS as a back up drive) but i dont know how to do it,, and there is no uninstall command for this..
Hope somebody will help me for this..
Cheers!! :slight_smile:

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi koymik

The Sony way is to use the Vaio recovery tool and at no 8 select Change Partition size & Recover.. However all the data on your hard drive(s) will be removed and then your Vaio will be recovered back to the factory settings..

The other option is to use a third party program something like Paragon partion managerwhich should allow you to resize partitions without data loss, I'm not sure if it's compatible with Vista though...

Also I'm not sure if the Vista Disk Manager will allow you to remove and resize the partitions.. :thinking:

Which ever way use choose it's important to back up all important data first.. :wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
koymik
New

hi thalamus, thanks for responding,, actually i have no problem deleting my recovery drive.. i think i can use acronis to do that,, what iwas asking was how to uninstall the recovey software coz it seems that there is no uninstall option for this...
cheers