Join now - be part of our community!

Update notices

profile.country.GB.title
EXSUDBURY
Explorer

Update notices

Periodically, I receive a flash notice (bottom right corner of laptop) advising udates are available but when I look to seee what they are, there doesn't appear to be any.  If I look at VAIO software - updates 2 are listed but when I click on them, again nothing happens even if I go to the website. Any suggestions as to what action, if any, I need to take.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi EXSUDBURY,

There have been other reports of this problem and we don’t have an answer as to why this is happening.

One solution put forward by another forum member was to archive the notification (not sure on the procedure for this) and then at least the red flag disappears. If you can't find how to do this I will try to dig out the post I refer to and you can then reply in that thread for further information.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
EXSUDBURY
Explorer

Thank you for your response. This seems to be typical of irritating issues with Sony that spoils an otherwise excellent machine.  Another problem I had was resolved only after a Sony user in Holland suggested I downloaded an update filel from Asia!  What would we do without members when Sony seem unable or unwilling to help with what must be a long standing issue.