Join now - be part of our community!

upgrading graphics card

stevo705
Visitor

upgrading graphics card

hello,just bought vaio kcg-p215s and was wondering if its possible to upgrade graphics card to 128ddr:smileyconfused:

10 REPLIES 10
COOLIO
Visitor

Awrigt Stevo sun,Yes u can upgrade ur graphics card for instructions go to vaiolink.com also instuction on memory up grade too, essentially rather than unscrewing and opening the laptop up yourself you'd be better of to call the vaio technical support team on 0870 240 2408 they will advise u further on what to do next just to be safe as vaio's don't come cheap mine's £2000 good luck.:smileycool:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Actually you can't upgrade the graphics card to 128MB because thats VRAM not system RAM.

stevo705
Visitor

cheers coolio the graphics card i want to upgrade to is an nvdia 5700 fxgo with 128,i realise this might not be vram but are unsure any help wolud be much appreciated as am newbie to upgrading laptops and yes they don't come cheap

nick_pan
Visitor

you cant upgrade a graphics card in a laptop full stop.

the only time you can change the config of a gfx card is if its an integrated model, for example, the igp 345m or something like that. Then you can alter its memory config in the bios.

The 5700 go is a gpu with dedicated video memory. its stuck on the mobo, and therefore cannot be changed

nick_pan
Visitor

Awrigt Stevo sun,Yes u can upgrade ur graphics card for instructions go to vaiolink.com also instuction on memory up grade too, essentially rather than unscrewing and opening the laptop up yourself you'd be better of  to call the vaio technical support team on 0870 240 2408 they will advise u further on what to do next just to be safe as vaio's don't come cheap mine's £2000 good luck.:smileycool:

by the way, where did you come up with all this stuff? :tongue:

TygerTyger
Visitor

It always best to check your information just in case you aren't sure. If you advise someone to buy a graphics card they subsequently find they can't use they are going to be extremely annoyed with you lol.

kee-lo_

Not only that it's not professional.

TygerTyger
Visitor

Lol since when are we professionals? Or is everyone getting paid for this except me :wink:

kee-lo_

Hehe actually, nope, no payments yet anyway....