Join now - be part of our community!

Upgrading to vista

Fuckdustcharlie
Visitor

Upgrading to vista

Were can I get the SATA raid drivers for my motherboard VGN A517S so I can upgrade to VISTA come Jan?

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Unless an update is required for Vista, I would copy them from the C:\Drivers\RAID folder.

Copy the whole folder including the iaStor.inf as well as the actual driver iaStor.sys.

:wink:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Also according to Nico If you have bought a Vista Capable machine, you will be eligible to download all necessary modules (drivers, bios, utilties, etc...) to have your VAIO working as it does today with XP (or hopefully better 😉 through our support website.

Fuckdustcharlie
Visitor

Is the VGN A517S vista capable?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Have a look at this Get Ready for Windows Vista site.. :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

When I run the Advisor, it tells me that the SATA and Intel RAID drivers are OK for Vista Ultra.

:slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
koymik
New

yes, VGN a517s is capable of vista ultra, that is according to the vista advisor,,even my ol 517m is 100% capable..

gavinw
Visitor

Also according to Nico If  you have bought a Vista Capable machine, you will be eligible to download all necessary modules (drivers, bios, utilties, etc...) to have your VAIO working as it does today with XP (or hopefully better 😉 through our support website.

Very disappointed that there are not even beta drivers for Vista for the sony vaios...

None of the special function keys work... there's no support for battery life etc.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Don't think many people will need the power of Vista Ultra.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Only the "Testosterone Kids" Kee-Lo!!

:slight_frown: