Join now - be part of our community!

urgent!water in Vaio & repair in Newcastle

profile.country.en_GB.title
ggjennysee
Visitor

urgent!water in Vaio & repair in Newcastle

Hi all, I have an urgent problem with my sony laptop computer: some water was spilled into the keyboard and the computer could not be switched on now! The other problem is, this computer was produced and bought in China, so it's not covered by the warranty of UK. Considering this could anyone advise a trustful repair centre in Newcastle? If possible, could you advise the cost, time for a check and replacement of the main parts, e.g. CPU.  Thank you very much!!!
4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi ggjennysee,

Water damage is not covered by the Sony warranty so it makes no difference where the notebook was purchased. Do you have household contents insurance that includes accidental damage? If so you may have a claim.

For an idea on cost of repair try one of Sony’s service partners.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc - enter Newcastle in the search field...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
tabaheights
Explorer

While we were on holiday I dropped my Vaio laptop into the fountain outside our Hotel, it was in a Sony Vaio carry bag (very good piece of kit), I did not try to switch it on but returned to the UK and opened it up put it in the airing cupboard where it stayed for a week, I am pleased to say that it booted up without any problems and is still working two years later, hope you are lucky with yours.

Regards

Message was edited by: tabaheights

Message was edited by: tabaheights

ggjennysee
Visitor

Hi Rich,

Many thanks for your kind help!

Cheers

Jenny

ggjennysee