Join now - be part of our community!

USB DVB Box Help

induct
Visitor

USB DVB Box Help

I'm currently looking for a USB digital tv tuner. I also want to use it as a video recorder to capture some old family videos and stick them onto DVD. I'm currently looking at this one:

Hauppauge Digital DEC2000-T

Have you lot got any suggestions?

11 REPLIES 11
Psaila
Visitor

Oh An easy one here ...........

Sony VTX-D800 This works very well for me , I would think it would sit very nicely next to any PC . But A VAIO well , its made for the task ...." Five Star * * * * *" I rate This Item , many months of happy use , in the past .

Why use your usb when other stunning options are open to you ?

induct
Visitor

Cheers Psaila

One thing, it won't connect to my Vaio, thats what the usb is for.

induct
Visitor

Ah, is smartlink the same as firewire I-S400?

Psaila
Visitor

Ah, is smartlink the same as firewire I-S400?

And I think that means you leave one more usb free ... cool or what .... he he he

Happy New Year ...

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

Hauppage gear is normally pretty good, the only other one I've found is http://myahead.com/go/look/product.show_product?v_id=8528

Smartlink isn't a PC interface . . . . it's for connecting to TVs and Video recorders and has (I think) something to do with autosetup.

Psaila
Visitor

Many thanks Rob , theres one I had not seen .

Why are there so many problems linking Sony product's , I'm a loss at the problems encoutered by so many trusting Sony User's Who buy Sony products, that you would feel would link to each other with out a second thought , What Happend SONY ?

robpaxton
Explorer

Many thanks Rob , theres one I had not seen 

No problem Raymond, I wouldn't normally have butted in but I wouldn't have liked Induct to have bought the Sony box only to discover that Smartlink isn't a PC interface . . .

Psaila
Visitor

Many thanks Rob , theres one I had not seen 

No problem Raymond, I wouldn't normally have butted in but I wouldn't have liked Induct to have bought the Sony box only to discover that Smartlink isn't a PC interface . . .

Thanks Rob , I seem to forget that other can't do as I can with my PCV-PW1 , I would feel really bad if someone spent hard earned funds only to find it failed, Thanks again Rob .

TIME FOR THIS OLD MAN TO RETIRE I FEEL .

robpaxton
Explorer

We all make mistakes . . . . retirement isn't the solution. You have lots of friends on the board (me amongst them I hope) and we enjoy hearing from you.