Join now - be part of our community!

USB PORT FAILURE

profile.country.en_GB.title
tecotti43
Visitor

USB PORT FAILURE

The single usb port on the left side of my Vaio model name VGN-NW24JG has stopped working.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
clockwork
Visitor

Have you checked device manager which can be accessed via My Computer/Computer depending on operating system by a right mouse click and choosing Manage. Click on device manager at the bottom of the list right hand side, expand Universal Serial Bus controllers. Right mouse click on each item selecting properties, go through the tabs to ensure all are working OK. If one is not woking try disabling & enabling, if no joy try uninstall and reinstall. If these options do not work you may have a motherboard problem, the cheapest way around this issue could be purchasing a usb card if you have a spare PCMCIA or express slot from Maplins.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi tecotti43 and welcome,

This is a long shot but shut down the machine, remove the battery and AC power adaptor and then hold down the power button for at least 15 seconds. Re-attach battery and re-boot.

You could also check Device Manager to see whether there are any warnings of device malfunction under USB controllers.

If that fails to work then I suggest that you contact one of Sony's service partners (assuming that your Vaio is out of guarrantee) as there is always the possibility of a hardware fault.

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/contacts/asc.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-C2S_P

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat