Join now - be part of our community!

USB Problem

Bleuwater
Visitor

USB Problem

I have an USB problem. USB port got power and is detectet at the hardware. The hardware say that the usb port work correctly But de computer doesn't conect with al the equitment. And that is on all the ports. I have reset evrything whti the recovery disc.
What's here the problem can someone help me?:smileyhappy:

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Bleuwater

Do you possibly need to install any software before connecting the USB devices...:smileyconfused:

William
Visitor

As it is a desktop, my only advice would be to reload the default settings in the Bios and then save and exit.

It restored full functionality to my USB ports and was suggested on another Forum.

I am not saying it will work, but may be worth a try.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I've noticed the power supplies on VAIOs are not that great, so sometimes a plug powered USB Hub is the best way to go

HITS-UK
Visitor

In the last few days you may have noticed weather issues causing lightening and other nasties. We have literally had hundreds of calls over the last few days with PCs demonstrating strange and wonderful new problems. Our W1s have decided not to even look at powered external USB hubs, but are happy with passive ones. Anything over 5 ports will cause it to fall over. As Kee Lo says - the Sony PSU is not the most robust animal in the world and should always be protected with a UPS system (Belkin or APC come to mind). The V1 and V2 Vaios seem to have been hit hardest here with many reporting heyboard and mouse failure (later found to be the radio stuff is all K1'd). Check your power supply and try active hubs if you have not already tried them or passive if the reverse is true.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I suggest unplugging the VAIO during the storms too, including the arials too