USB problems!

hi
this is a msg i get everytime i log into my bx51
anyone have any suggestions???

4 REPLIES 4
donovani
Visitor

ok i dont think they work so here's wat it says:
'usb devise not recognised - one of the usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognise it. for assistance in solving this problem, click this message.'

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Donovani,

As you now have USB & CD/DVD problems, I suggest you run the Vaio Recovery Utility and restore your Vaio back to it's original factory setting..

Warning this will delete all data on your HDD drive before restoring your Vaio back to the default Vista OS and original pre-installed applications. Therefore ensure you back up important data first..

To Recover your Vaio, click Start, then All Programs, followed by Vaio Recovery Utility.

Click Continue on the User Account Control window.

In the menu select Recover Your Computer then click OK

In the Recovery Menu select C Drive Recommended then click Next

Continue the Recovery process..

donovani
Visitor

hi thalamus!
ok before i try that recovery process what kind of data should i backup??
since having the laptop i installed office 2007, windows live messenger, security software was already on here, and some work etc???

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

hi thalamus!
ok before i try that recovery process what kind of data should i backup??
since having the laptop i installed office 2007, windows live messenger, security software was already on here, and some work etc???

Office 2007 and other software can easily be reinstalled. The files you need to backup are Personal files that can't be replaced i.e. photo's, documents etc.