Join now - be part of our community!

Usb

profile.country.de_DE.title
brcampo76
Visitor

Usb

i got a new sony vaio vpc eb1s1b but couldnt boot from usb? Is it possible? If i upgrade my bios is this gonna work on?

and how can i choose programs from vaio to install? I mean id like to choose it. In especific, one is from battery that allows me to change some options there and another is the one that when i change the volume or brightness then something appears on screen showing me how high or low are the intesity.

thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

There should already be an option in the BIOS to boot from USB.  You may have to change the order.

What USB medium are you using and what are you trying to boot into? I don't think you can boot into a Windows OS from an external drive.

Have you changed the original Operating System?

Drivers and Utilities can be downloaded from the Vaio Support website but other programs cannot be downloaded and are only available with the original OS.

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/updates/index.aspx?m=VPCEB1S1E_BJ&l=en_GB

:thinking:

profile.country.de_DE.title
brcampo76
Visitor

Well,

I replaced my hard disk drive cos i bought a SSD one, but before I burned the vaio recovery disk. Then in this new one, I did all the procedures, and Ive checked there about the partition recovery ...seems to be ok!

But now I upgrade my windows to Ultimate, so I had to install by myself. For this reason I couldnt install some vaio programs rhar ive told before...

About the usb, I was trying to install Ubuntu then I have created a bootable pen drive but when I was looking for in BIOS to USB boot and i couldnt find....there are just: hard disk, cd/dvd, network and external adapter.....

Of course that i can burn a cd and do it but someday if i need to use this option id like to have it.

thanks in advance!

driftdwg
New

I to was trying to install Ubuntu but on to 64gb Micro/SD in a SD removeble Adapter and ran a program to install Ubuntu from an 8Gb USB Stick/Pen drive to the 64Gb Micro/SD removeble memory the end point i want to be able to do was to boot from 3 3 different  64Gb Micro/SD removeble memory devices with what ever OS 0n the 64Gb SD cards in while retaining the original Windows 8.1 Pro on the original SSD 750 Gb hd on it. in a perfect world :slight_smile: well long story short i lost the restore partition along with the main partition i want to know without restore CD/DVD's can i create the original restore setup with a newly bought Windows 8.1 pro DVD??