Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio A/AR Type - Convertion

profile.country.GB.title
mrjingles-suzuki
New

Vaio A/AR Type - Convertion

Hello everybody
As i am an englishman living in Tokyo, Japan. I am thinking of buying the new A-Type laptop. the new one with the Blue-Ray drive. Buying it here in Tokyo is more convenient and i can pick what hardware goes in it, an option that is not offered in europe. The problem is that is supplied with a japanese keyboard and software.
My question is; Is it possible to buy a japanese Vaio with an english keyboard and software?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hehe no idea, you'd have to ask the dealer

profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

My brother has worked and lived in Japan or 16 years and originally worked at Toshiba and I spoke to him about this. You need to make a special arrangement with Sony but it is unlikely as each unit has its own unique software allotment. If you do buy here it will be way more expensive but you will get what you want and the Vaio link repair centre will accept your laptop and have greatly improved recently with turn around (not sure if they will pick it up) Nextronics.com in the US will have the keyboard and accessories you need but the software will alway be the sticking point. Buy it here I'd say.

profile.country.DE.title
efujiwa
New

Hello

As an European based I would like to buy an European Sony VAIO Laptop with a Japanese keyboard.

Sony sales people have no information how to order that.

Might it be possible to order such specification directly at the Sony factory in Europe. They might have to send it straigth from the production line into their workshop and exchange the part - should not be too difficult, I guess?

Has anyone their address (Sony VAIO factory), so that I can ask them directly?

Have a nice day.