Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio AV Out Linking to TV

cnagra
Visitor

Vaio AV Out Linking to TV

Hi,

Im trying to link my Vaio to my TV. I have an a/v out at the back of my laptop. I have a RCA cable that I have hooked up (the one with the three wires) but I dont get no picture on the tv. I do though get sound. It occasionally makes a flicking noise on the tv when i change setting but nothing else. Is there anything i need to change on the laptop. It has a ATI graphics card but there help files are really poor.

please help, thanks

CNagra

5 REPLIES 5
cnagra
Visitor

anyone?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi cnagra,

I presume you have tried Fn + F7 to toggle the output?

Which Vaio do you have?

Has the cable you are using got a 3 input 3.5mm jack plug?

:thinking:

cnagra
Visitor

hi,

yeah i have tried 2 different cables now, I have a Vaio VGN-A617B. The cable i brought is this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140085408500.

i tried FN f7 but the vaio doesn't even know a tv is plugged in, it only shows LCD display.

Is it the right cable, if not can you show me which one it would be?

thanks

CNagra

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Here is the Sony cable VMC20FR but it looks the same as the one you have. Sorry just checked and the link doesn't go to the right page - type VMC20FR into the Search Box.

You have got the TV set to External AV ?

The only other thing I can suggest is to try changing the output resolution to 1024 X 768.

If not it looks like a faulty connection somewhere.

:thinking:

cnagra
Visitor

Yeah, it looks like the same wire, I have it on three different tvs all set to the av connection.

I think its a fault with the connection on the laptop, as the vaio does not even know that a tv is connected, no options appear or anything. Do you know if the warranty covers the a/v port and what the procedure is to replace it?

thanks