Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio can' t go into standby

SpeedyZee
Visitor

Vaio can' t go into standby

Does anyone else have this problem? MY GR214EP won't go into standby because it says the Standard Keyboard is preventing it from entering standby.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

If you are running Win 2000 it is possibly a third party driver that is causing the problem.

In Device Manager, have a look at the drivers that the keyboard is using and see whether you can identify any that are not provided my Microsoft.

You may need to either remove or rename any incompatible driver. Renaming is the safest option, and make a note of the original name in case you need to reverse the process.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
blue1901
Visitor

is it a usb wireless or using startup application on taskbar?

SpeedyZee
Visitor

Hi there, I don't think its any USB device. I am using windows XP, but whenever i try to go into standby, i get the following message:

The device driver for the 'Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard' device is preventing the machine from entering standby. Please close all applications and try again. If the problem persists, you may need to update this drive

I don't understand because this is the most basic driver there is for the keyboard, and they don't release any drivers for this.

thankss