Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO Care hangs

SOLVED
profile.country.BE.title
Fireblader

VAIO Care hangs

When I run Vaio care "One click care", it hangs at the "Checking Create Recover Media" stage.

CPU load is high, so it seems it is stuck in an endless loop.

Any ideas?

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.sv_SE.title
closetoworking
Visitor

:slight_smile: After a second complete system restore, then installing all Windows updates before installing Vaio updates it works. Version of Vaio Care really is 6.4 and One Click Care does not hang at Checing Create Recovery Media. All that is left is installing my personal settings and program, just another weeks work...:smileyshocked:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Thanks for that closetoworking.

I'll pass it to Sony.  Perhaps something in Windows Updates has caused the problem???

Personally, I would rather do without One Click Care than have to do a Recovery!!

:thinking:

profile.country.BE.title
Fireblader

Problem solved as I needed to do a clean install after HDD crash.

closetoworking
Visitor

After my complete recovery One Click Care worked, for a while... Tried the program yesterday, and once again it hangs in a loop at Checking Recovery Media. This Sony program really stinks :cry:

profile.country.ru_RU.title
Visitor

I have the same problem on my VAIO VPCY11M1R after clean install of Win 7 64. Also, VAIO Care "Recovery" is missing "Create Recovery Media".

Looks like there's no solution, hmmm...

closetoworking
Visitor

:alert: DO NOT INSTALL v 6.4 of VAIO CARE :alert:

I have v 6.3.3.02100 installed and that one works!

Installing update 6.4 causes all the problem mentioned in this thread.:smileyangry: And is not possible to uninstall it, you have to a recovery (if not a clean install?).

Best regards