Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO Care Rescue stuck when started rescuing data

VAIO_2OI6
New

VAIO Care Rescue stuck when started rescuing data

hi everyone, i am new to this forum, i had a question hope you all can help me. thanks!

my laptop just couldn't boot into Windows 7 from its internal hard drive, that is the reason why i'm doing this VAIO Care Rescue recovery right now. I didn't back up any single file so I need to 'rescue data' then recover my laptop to its factory settings. i followed every step according the wizard. but now it has a problem, please refer to attached picture.

vaio.JPG

it has been like this since 5pm, no changes at all. what can i do then? can i force to shut the laptop down? is my data still safe? please advise on that, thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2
VAIO_2OI6
New

vaio update.JPG

as you noticed in the picture above, i woke up this morning, it finally got something new for me. BUT... this process can take few days!! i don't believe it but that is the fact, at least it started copying data to the new external hard drive. after 72 hours this software will be stopped however. 

jaykinse
Explorer

Was this successful in the end?  I have 87GB to rescue and three hours after starting I have 0.00 done with 490 hours remaining and no option to cancel.

I don't think I have ever achieved anything with a Sony Vaio Care product....