Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Duo 13 No Audio After 8.1 Upgrade

ashdavies
New

Vaio Duo 13 No Audio After 8.1 Upgrade

Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased a Sony Vaio Duo 13.

Serial Number: SVD1321M2E

After purchasing the laptop I upgraded to the new Windows 8.1.

After downloading I had numerous problems which have all now been resolved apart from 1.

There is no sound coming out of my laptop at all.
When the problem started I was sometimes getting sound back once i restarted, however the problem has got worse and now I get no sound at all.

There is the odd occasion where a crazy fast ticking sound comes out of the speakers, However after 10 seconds this stops and it goes silent again.

When plugging in my headphones I do hear background static noise, This again stops and starts on random occasions.

I also have plugged my duo 13 in to my Sony HD TV via HDMI and am suprised to see that the sound comes out of my HD TV without any problems But when i switch back to my laptop again no sound comes out.

Updated all new drivers as viao update has asked me, been on the Realtek website and Intel website and still no sound.

Any suggestions would be brilliant!

Thanks guys

3 REPLIES 3
sgdavies

Hi Ash,

Have you looked in your "Device Manager"? to check if there is a problem? if you can locate your "Sound Driver" in the list, delete it, then reboot PC, the sound driver will reinstall on startup, its an easy Test, which might help.

otherwise, I am sure Sony Support will tell you to do a recovery.

I am guessing you have played with the hard Volume switch button on the laptop?, and also played with the softt Function and F keys, just to see if that helps.

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Hi ashdavies, open Control Panel and then open Sounds and then check that you have the correct device enabled.

Also looking on your Vaio models support site it would seem that the driver is the same for windows 8 and 8.1 so download the Realtech Audio dribvers from your Vaio models support site and save the file to your desktop.

Then open Device Manager and expand Sound, Video and Games Controllers.
Right Click Realtech audio drivers and click on Uninstall.

One the uninstall has completed install the audio drivers you have previously downloaded.

Hello, I have a different problem apart from no sound at all. I have upgraded to windows 8.1 and in vaio update i keep updating the audio driver(realtek); it loads 6.0.1.7106 and 6.0.1.7135 again and again. What I mean is when I download and install the (7106) version and restart my vaio, in the vaio update screen it advises me to download the (7135) version, when I download and install that version and restart my vaio, in the vaio update screen it advises me to download (7106) version again. What should I do to fix this issue?