Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio E series laptop Freezes on boot...

profile.country.en_GB.title
Anisbet08
Visitor

Vaio E series laptop Freezes on boot...

Ok first of all i'm sorry if this is a repost i had a look but could not find any questions with the same problem.

So i have a Vaio E Series and have had it since october with no problems. Last night i started getting Ads and i checked my Anti-Virus was turned off... I don't know why or how it was switched off but i did i virus scan and it picked up 23 viruses!!... Anyway i switched off the laptop and when i went to use it this morning it didn't boot up. It just froze at the WIndows 7 screen.

So i switched it off by holding the power button and restarted it. It then gave me the option of windows repair or resume windows normally.

I Chose System repair and it froze while loading. So it never did the repair.

I tried again but load windows normally and it forze at the windows 7 screen

So i tried F10 and rescue windows.. but that gets about a third of the way and then an error message apears and it freezes.

I can not load in safe mode because it dosn't give me the option.. i am guessing its because its trying to repair or something all i know is the F8 key no longer brings up the option for safe mode.

I went and bought a  Windows 7 Home Premium CD as they don't come with any back uo disks and i cannot get far enough into the computer to restore from the backup... But when using the CD it freezes at the "Configuring Setup" screen....

Does anyone have any ideas???

Thanks in Advance

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It sounds like everything stops as soon as the Vaio tries to access the hard drive,  This may be a faulty hard drive.  Can you please tell us the full model type?

Do you have a lot of valuable data on the hard drive? If not try a complete recovery - you will lose all progrms. data and settings.  Is this what you have already tried?: -

1.  Turn on your computer and press the F10 key several times before the VAIO logo disappears.  If the Edit Boot Options window is displayed, press the Enter key.
2.  Select Start recovery wizard.
To perform the custom recovery, select Tools instead of Start recovery wizard and click Start advanced recovery wizard.
3.  Follow the on-screen instructions for a Complete System Recovery.

:thinking: