Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio FW11S has no outlet power?!

sulladva
New

Vaio FW11S has no outlet power?!

Hi,

Just a few moments ago my ~4 year old Vaio FW11S developed a problem - there seems to be no electricity coming into the laptop. The adapter is working fine, but the power doesn't reach the laptop. So the battery won't charge and it won't start on outlet power alone. So the problem is obviously the laptop itself.

How much would a repair cost for a problem like that, and would it be worth getting it repaired, or should I invest in a newer laptop instead?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi sulladva,

This may possibly be caused by either a faulty input socket or powerboard.

Sometimes the outer contact of the socket becomes expanded so that it is not making proper contact with the the input jack. Careful closing of the outer contact using fine tweezers can solve this, but if it is a power board problem then a repair will be necessary. The cost of a repair using an independent repairer will be approx. £120.

Google 'Laptop Repair' for companies offering a no fix no charge service.

Rich 

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.it_IT.title
jan2011
Enthusiast

Hi

I think that you must ask this question at http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair (just click on “Sony Service Helpdesk” and insert Serial number)

----

Edited by Drew - Commercial links removed

Non mi aspetto nulla. Non temo nulla. Sono libero. - I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.   (N.K.)