Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio FZ11M disassembly instructions HELP PLEASE

profile.country.en_GB.title
peshyxp
Visitor

Vaio FZ11M disassembly instructions HELP PLEASE

Hi - have a Vaio FZ11M that has a graphics (Nvidia) fault with it, the screen is showing all vertical lines. I have tried to disassemble my laptop but have only managed to remove the twenty odd screws on the base. The base cover fails to come off

Does anyone have any instructions that could assist so that i can remove the base and get at the motherboard and other bits

I have already removed hard drive battery memory cover an dvd drive

Does this model require the plastic panel above the keyboard to removed as well in order to remove the base cover

This is a three year old laptop and I have tried getting in touch with Sony to see if they are willing to repair for free because of the known Nvidia graphics card issue but they are awful at responding

On another note if and when i do get to remove the base where exactly is the Nvidia GPU located on the motherboard?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi peshyxp,

if your graphic problem is indeed Nvidia chip related then you should be able to get a repair via Vaio support..:smileyhappy:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

For disassembly have a look here: -

http://www.insidemylaptop.com/take-apart-sony-vaio-vgn-fz220-repair-power-jack/

I don't know the internal layout.

As Thalamus has said, I would contact Vaio Support as they will insert a new main board free of charge if you have this fault - and there will be a limit to what you can do yourself.  As you are out of warranty you must contact Vaio Support by telephone on a premium phoneline.  Are you in the UK?

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
peshyxp
Visitor

Yes i am in the UK

However couple things. I am really reluctant to ring Sony on a PREMIUM number since I know that I will be kept on hold for ages at my own cost. Secondly will I be covered for the laptop given I am the second owner ie I didnt buy it brand new from any retailer but through a seller on eBay that deals with bankrupt / overstock supplies.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Check and see if the Vaio is already registered or not.  Enter the Serial Number as described in Thalamus's post above and see if it is registered with Vaio-Link or not.

Do you have proof of purchase?

:thinking: