Join now - be part of our community!

vaio/internet probs

debege
Visitor

vaio/internet probs

Hi brainy people,
I have a vaio VGN-ARS21S laptop, which as an oldish errrrrr.....shall we say novice :smileyblush: ......I am struggling to come to grips with.
My current problem is to do with navigating around sites on the internet-in particular on ebay.
Now-before you jump down my throat and tell me it is an ebay problem.....I have another laptop (an H.P....dont tell Sony), and the last time I used that, it had no such problem-and besides, it does occur at times on other sites as well.
What happens is this-as soon as I click on a link to move to a different area of a site, or anything like that-a page pops up that reads......... "The page cannot be found"
" Please try the following"
this is followed by several un-useful suggestions,and then .......
"HTTP 400-bad request
internet explorer"
I dare say it is settings set wrongly somewhere......but I do well to locate the keybord.....anyone care to help?
Cheers, Dave :thinking: :thinking:

3 REPLIES 3
Resonate
Visitor

Hi debege

This can be an endless amout of different things. Do you use a proxy with your ISP as it may not be configured on your sony i no ebay you need your settings spot on. Heres a simple list of common probs

* Have you cleared your temp & browser history,
* Check your security settings are they in Restricted sites
* If you use a LAN are settings set to Auto detect & Proxy if you use one
* Your connection settings set to Auto detect & Proxy if in use
* Check your internet Add-ons for disabled or enabled which cause
certain problems
*Try a different internet browser FireFox, Opera, Netscape etc
* If they fail, Set up a new internet connection under connections tab
* Reset internet options to factory (if totally unusable)

Lets see were we get after that i rekon someone will get the answer spot on

debege
Visitor

Hi mate,
I obviously did not make myself clear when I said I was a little bit of a novice......perhaps if I had said' total numpty' you would have got my drift.
When I read your reply I felt all hot and faint, followed by waves of nausea...i feel a little better now after the wife applied cold flannels........ :smileygrin:
I will ask a man who can to look at your suggestions, and go from there
Many thanks mate.

Resonate
Visitor

Ha sorry mate,

Lets Start by Clicking

Start > Control Panel > Internet Options

This will bring all the settings of your internet up each tab you should have

General / Security / Privacy / Content / Connections / Programs / Advanced

If you click on each one of these & read through then you will soon make the connections you cant go wrong if your not sure dont touch it but it is self explanatry, I hope that all your Mrs applied was flannels :slight_smile: You dont just go all hot & fait for no reason now ah :wink: