Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO keeps freezing!!!

profile.country.en_GB.title
SRaza94
Visitor

VAIO keeps freezing!!!

HI guys,

my laptop is 2 years old, i've been having a problem with it whch has gotten worse over the last couple of moneths.

when i watch videos online it justs freezes, it sometimes says graphics driver didn't respond and was restarted..the laptop also heats up could this be the problem?...this problem has gotten worse, i have checked for updates in vaio update but there isn't any driver updates. what can i do to resolve this problem?

Could someone help me please?

thanks

Shan

vaio VPCEB1E0E

Tags (1)
29 REPLIES 29
SRaza94
Visitor

Untitled3.png

this is an error that occasionally comes up after my laptop unfreezes

just to add my computer runs windows 7 home premium and has been running it since i brought it

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I suggest you check which driver version is installed and then install the update if applicable.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
SRaza94
Visitor

thanks for your help rich912,

my driver version was 8.15.10.2040, and the version on the link you gave me was 8.15.10.2555.

still don't know why the update would not show on vaio update

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You're welcome Shan.

Please let us known whether the driver update solves the problem.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
SRaza94
Visitor

just an update....it still freezes but at a lower frequency and and for a smaller period of time...think there maybe a problem with the fan as it makes alot more noise when the laptop freezes

xaveak
Explorer

I have exactly the same problem, or should I say had.
I know this is an old post, but since I've searched for the problem I had before and didn't really had a good reply, I'm going to write here instead.

I have a VAIO VPCEB1Z1E that has the before mentioned BIOS installed. VPCEB1E0E.

Only when I was watching videos on youtube did the computer slow down to a halt and after leaving it like that for about 5 - 10 minutes, it worked again. But if I watched more movies it froze again.

I think it's a problem with OLD drivers available for this models. And you can't actually update to the latest drivers since Sony doesn't allow that. To be able to do that, you have to bypass that, I know it can be done, but I didn't want to bother with it.

I tried formating like you did and it didn't help. I've installed Ubuntu and the problem is gone. So my guess is that the GPU drivers for the computer are very old. While flash and stuff got updated a lot during this time. That probably is the problem. Or ATI/AMDs AI can also be the problem. But I didn't take much time to figure it out.

profile.country.nl_BE.title
Black.hole
Explorer

I have a vaio VGN-FZ21E

Every time after 20 - 40 minute use its going to be freez

also when Im not working on it self going to stop working,

at this time muse doesnt move.. only thing I can to do its to push the power button to turn it off

I reinstall the fresh windows and all driver up to date but still have  same problem

anyone here have a idea what shoud I to do pls?

Thanks

Tom

I have a Sony VAIO VGN-NW20EF Laptop, windows 7, updated etc etc, the graphics drives stops on mine too, has done for over a year, even upgraded the RAM to 6GB, had it checked out at PC Place, they say graphics driver and a Sony Problem. It happens, i go make a cup of tea, come back 5 minutes later and it is running again. Checked everything, just does it. Big companies dont seem to care once you have bought it, cant be their fault, you must have installed or changed something, yeah of course. If anyone does come up with a fix, would be nice, until then I will spend a few minutes of each of my days waiting for this laptop to wake up after its little 5 minute nap as it is tired after a long squawk. Buy cheap, less to get upset over when you throw the heap of rubbish in the bin.

Thanks

David

oh yes by the way, very cheesed off with it, but hey it is just a machine aaaaaggghhhhh

profile.country.nl_BE.title
Black.hole
Explorer

IMG_6126[1].JPG

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

:slight_frown:

That message usually relates to a hardware failure / hardware configuration problem such as faulty ram modules or drivers etc.

Have a look at This Page to check possible causes.

Hope this helps.