Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO keeps freezing!!!

profile.country.en_GB.title
SRaza94
Visitor

VAIO keeps freezing!!!

HI guys,

my laptop is 2 years old, i've been having a problem with it whch has gotten worse over the last couple of moneths.

when i watch videos online it justs freezes, it sometimes says graphics driver didn't respond and was restarted..the laptop also heats up could this be the problem?...this problem has gotten worse, i have checked for updates in vaio update but there isn't any driver updates. what can i do to resolve this problem?

Could someone help me please?

thanks

Shan

vaio VPCEB1E0E

Tags (1)
29 REPLIES 29
profile.country.nl_BE.title
Black.hole
Explorer

Thanks buddy,

I removed  HDD and installed  SSD drive on that thing,

untill now i didnt get that error,

highly recommended to install windows on the ssd drive, cos the computer work really faster without making noise 

as the hdd do

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Ahhhh ok, Its possible that the physical act of replacing the hardware has upset 'something' else inside.

Have you managed to check your RAM Modules at all?

it froze before ram upgrade, that is why I upgraded as I was running at 96% of ram usage sometimes. Basically it only freezes during internet activity, just stops, it is a the dam useless drivers and the constant windows updates. Feel sure if the system was run back at windows 7 no upgrades etc, then all would be fine, the software has got too clever, to bulky and to confused, this is a a sony problem, they have not updated their video dispaly drivers, that is what stops, well known problem, but they either cant or wont fix it. Just live with it.

thanks
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Sorry aircoolednut I was talking to Black.hole after their memory parity error message.

Have you tried resetting the laptop back to factory condition yet?

(Remember to back up all your files / data etc. first)

Have you contacted Sony support? (They will recommend this anyway.)

Also which graphics drivers are you running?

(Is it the Graphics Driver (Intel) - 8.15.10.1872 from 10/09? or has it updated?)

profile.country.nl_BE.title
Black.hole
Explorer

Yes cos at the first time I doubt the problem is from the ram but I think it working fine according to the information who I had from CPU - Z softwareram.PNG

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

If the SSD is nowhere near the ram modules anfd youhaven't dislodged them at all

then it could possibly be a driver issue.

Have you installed the drivers for your system from the support section here?

Also if you open device manager are there any problems there?

qwertybox
Explorer

Hello there,

I've also suffered for years with the video freezing problem on my Sony Vaio VGN-NS laptop running Windows 7 (64). Usually I'd experience it after about 10 minutes into playing any video.

Probably, like everyone else here, I've tried all the "fixes" suggested by people but with no success.

This may be a massive red herring but as a result of another problem, I decided to change the wireless card and upgraded to a dual band Intel 7260.HMWWB.R Mini-PCIe .

Since then (about a month ago), I haven't experienced a single problem with video playback. As I said, this may be a complete coincidence because I can't see how it would sort out a (possible) graphics problem but it's worked for me (so far).

If anyone else is able to put this to the test, I'd be intrigued to know if it works for them too.

Many thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @qwertybox and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Thanks for letting us know your 'mystery fix' :yahoo:

I wonder if the act of changing the card may have settled some

internal physical problem?

qwertybox
Explorer

Hi Jumpsuit, 

I'd agree with that assumption if it wasn't for the fact that the laptop has been in pieces many times before including a session of checking the motherboard for dry joints. 

Could be (as I said) coincidence, but I'd still like to see if it works for anyone else. 

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again :slight_smile:

Yeah, very odd. Hopefully other members will let us know.